Friday 1 August 2014

I have been crocheting for many years now but only the traditional granny square blankets, so about 2 years ago I decided to teach myself how to crochet more than just blankets. Using the fab internet I managed to teach myself how to make lots of different items. Once you understand the basics it is really easy. I have a passion for crochet now and need, really need to crochet each and every day. I try to take a project with me where ever I go, because you never know when you might get a good 5 minutes hooking (crocheting).

I produced over the winter a large amount of baby hats, blankets and jackets for our local maternity unit, only to be told thanks and to give them to the tea bar volunteers for them to sell. Now I don't have a problem with them selling them for to raise funds but I made items to fit the very tiny babies up to full term babies and didn't think they would be able to sell the tiny items, so I am sure there is a few dollies in Bradford wearing my items intended for the babies.

So with this in mind and still wanting to make items both to sell in my shop to raise much needed funds to buy even more wool and for charity I went on an internet trawl looking for a worthwhile cause and I found many great causes all in one fabulous place. Loving Hands run by Lou is a great place to chat, create and donate to charities all over the country. There is also a great forum full of like minded ladies and men who enjoy crochet, knitting and sewing to give to people who really need them. I have only joined them this week and I am already going to meet Dawn in a couple of days for coffee and cake which appears to be a Loving Hands thing, nothing apparently can be made without a slice of cake.

So I was thinking on my new adventure with the LH gang, should I set myself a target? I think the answer is yes. I might be crazy but I look at it this way, I love crochet, wool, creating, cake and it gives me a really good excuse to buy more and more wool so here goes.

I aim to create 1000 (yes one thousand) items to donate to Loving Hands for Lou to distribute to the various charities around the country. Not sure how long it will take me but that's part of the fun.

No comments:

Challenge 5000 Update

Happy Sunday morning, sun is shining for a while at least so I thought I would give you my first update. July was a slow month due to oth...