Monday 12 January 2015

I just had to buy!

Morning everyone, yet another dark and nasty stormy day here in West Yorkshire. I need the weather to play nice and let the sun come out just for 1 day so I can take photos. Last weekend I found out about a garden centre not too far from me that was selling wool. I thought two of my favourite things in one place, wool and plants. I told hubby who said we will pop along and see what its like. Well, I then found out that the wool was 50% off. Forget the plants get in the car we're off, I told him. So with a view to 'just having a look' off we went on Wednesday. I was like a kid in a sweet shop, shelf after shelf of lovely squishy wool and yes half price. As you do when confronted with such a bargain I filled up two baskets and carried more to the checkout. Seen as it was lunchtime we decided to stop for lunch when finished at the garden centre. While re-fuelling I looked on a couple of websites and discovered that most of the wool I had bought was much better than half price. So after lunch we went back this time with a trolley and I filled that up too. There is a chance I just might be going back again soon with my friend Dawn too. Here is photo of my lovely haul.



I came across another blog called Repeat Crafter Me where I found a pattern for a lovely little jacket, I adapted the pattern slightly which I will post hopefully tomorrow, but in the meantime here is a photo  of my version made using the fabulous Stylecraft Vision in Lagoon. The wool is 80% acrylic / 20% wool and is lovely and soft.


No comments:

Challenge 5000 Update

Happy Sunday morning, sun is shining for a while at least so I thought I would give you my first update. July was a slow month due to oth...