Monday 10 August 2015

Ladies Chunky Headband

Morning everyone. A huge thank you first of all for everyone who has popped by to read my blog. I was extremely happy this morning to see I have had over 5000 visitors. So today I want to share with you my latest make. I am not usually a big fan of chunky yarn, but I purchased 8 balls of Stylecraft Brushstrokes in various colours. It is a wool, mohair and acrylic mix yarn which works up really well. I had cowls and headbands in mind when I bought it and it has been on a shelf in my studio for about 6 months now so it was time to create something. I designed this very easy headband with an optional flower the other day while I was waiting for my hubby at the doctors. I tend to wait in the car so that I can keep on crocheting. Anyhow I was sat there merrily watching the world go by and crocheting away and when hubby came back to the car I had finished my headband. 45 minutes is all it took without the flower. I was very pleased with how it turned out. I had the pattern in my head so promptly went home to write it down. I was amazed that out of 1 x 100g ball I got 2 headbands with flowers and enough left over for just the flower which I shall turn into a brooch. This headband is so quick it would make great gifts especially with the dreaded colder months approaching soon. I think I'm going to make a matching cowl too.  My eldest daughter Abi kindly modelled the headband for me.


The pattern is available in PDF format 

Ravelry  - Easy Chunky Headband











1 comment:

Una said...

Great headband. I am usually surprised at how far 100g of yarn will go

Challenge 5000 Update

Happy Sunday morning, sun is shining for a while at least so I thought I would give you my first update. July was a slow month due to oth...